Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tiramisu alive once more at Rouge

The vivid sketches of the 10th June gig at Rouge:

4pm: Soundcheck? What soundcheck? The crew were still setting up the gear, Keith, Lan and Jeremy doing some fondling on their instruments. Replacing strings, waxing, smoking, Ahmad bought some food from McDonald's. I heard some problems with the floor tom, the attachment was too loose from the side. Love Me Butch dudes cam, shook hands, said hello...talked about KL music scene. Kevin was telling me how difficult to get venues in KL except for Paul's Place which is like so far off, in Damansara I think.

5:30pm: Dhany the organizer drove to the Goldmine studio, borrowed a floor tom, at the same time Ahmad took a cymbal and a nice looking drum seat with a moulded butt shape. In the car, we talked about the music scene, Dhany said something about B Quartet is the best he has ever seen for now, yeah, Mike Patton I like too, Ahmad was pretty tired of the scene but still wanting to contribute some sort and I was having a great time at the back of the car belonging to the Love Me Butch guys.

6:45pm: After LMB soundcheck, we took over the stage, the sound was great, with the monstrous sub-woofers in front of the stage which acted as an elevated platform for all singers alike. We did Spoon, Take Over The World and Afloat. Asked for our vocals to be pushed up a little. The name of the sound company was D Entertainment, they had a huge banner near the stage, that's advertising boys and girls.

7:00pm: After soundcheck we went our seperate ways, I went to hang out with Ahmad at Goldmine. The rest...I dont know. Had dinner at the unknown Sarabat Stall at Bussorah St. Chilled at Goldmine till about 10-ish. We couldn't get cabs, and me and Ahmad were late.

11:00pm We came at the right time, the guys were setting up, and I changed to my neo 80s garb with Ramones wig. And lost it in between set. There were a lot of action...there were some hissing here and there....romp a pomp pomp.

Set-list:
1. Spoon
2. Swinging Arms
3. Take Over The World
4. Paper Crane
5. Afloat
6. Mr Fantesticles

We had only a large bottle of mineral water, well, as usual it became a communal drink. Like Young men in a war. The audince were pretty alright, I saw some hands going up and down. Joe Ng was smiling with arms to his chest, his bootlegging habit is back.

After 11pm: Loads of head banging action and falling into a pit of arm-pits, and crazy pearl licking moments, some free drinks from the management. A happy night and we sold all our VCDS. All 8 of them.
Think Merchandise!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro!

Some1 stuffed ur wig into my bag!! I bought ur VCD and found ur band's email and I juz sent one informing you that your wig and scarf is with me! Tiramisu was great @ club Rouge that day! Good Performance!

9:29 PM GMT+8  
Blogger thetick said...

merch indeed! i'll buy a tiramisu tee shirt when one comes out, you gotta let me have one :>

2:59 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home